Getting married in the winter isn’t the easiest thing in the world, but it definitely has its perks! One of the biggest advantages is that winter is generally the low season for certain National Parks! Most people don’t want to deal with putting chains in their car or the freezing temperatures. If facing the cold to have a little more peace sounds like something you would LOVE, you won’t want to miss out on these winter elopement tips!
TIP #1 – Pick a dress that will keep you warm
When finding your winter elopement dress, it’s important to think not just about the look and comfort, but also about the temperatures you might be facing. Make sure you can wear some kind of layer underneath and it won’t show, like wool tights, that way, your legs will be warm the whole time!
TIP #2 – bring a jacket, and WEAR it!
Bring a jacket that you love, that keeps you warm, and that you won’t mind showing up in a few pictures! Sometimes it will be so cold that you simply won’t want to take it off, so you might as well embrace it!
TIP #3 – Find sunny spots!
This one is on us. For the quiet moments where you won’t be moving around too much, we always try to find sunny spots! It’s no fun to shiver and shake while you’re reading your personal vows to each other.
The PROS of Having a Winter Elopement
- As I mentioned before, avoiding tourist crowds is one of the biggest pros of having a winter elopement!
- The scenery is out of this world, especially in Yosemite. It’s definitely worth being a little cold to see the Valley and the mountains covered in snow!
- It’s unique. Not many people choose to get married in the winter, so you know your day will be so unique, as well as your pictures.
- For many wedding vendors, it’s the low season. So that means you’ll have an easier time booking your vendors!
Veronica & Scott planned their winter elopement in Yosemite National Park in under a month! They had a beautiful day and got to spend their elopement day inside an empty Yosemite.
Don’t go yet, CHECK OUT:
- Yosemite West Cabin Wedding
- Eloping in California – Everything You Need To Know
- Full-Day Elopement at Yosemite