Big Sur, an iconic coastal area in California, has a lot of amazing lodging options, but Glen Oaks is one of my favorites! Beautiful cabins, massive redwood groves, and a river are part of the property. It is so photogenic and peaceful and that’s why I love to recommend this place for our couples. This Glen Oaks Wedding was one for the books, and I’m excited to share it with you!
A+A wanted a private day, just the two of them. They also wanted to get married surrounded by trees. What a lot of people don’t know, is that a lot of the redwood groves in the Big Sur area are part of private properties. So I suggested Glen Oaks and they were on board right away!
They started the day getting ready together at their cabin – which was beautiful! Then they had a private first look by the river, and then we headed over to the ceremony spot, which we found at a different time we were shooting there.
The ceremony was gorgeous and I challenge you to look at these pictures and not smile! They were so happy the whole day, it was contagious. After cutting the cake that she got at Whole Foods and, by the way, tasted AMAZING, we went off on a little adventure! We wanted to end the day where we could see the sun setting, and this trail was the perfect spot!
Fun fact: I told them we saw whales on our drive to Glen Oaks and I hoped they would come back at sunset. Well, they didn’t, but A+A went back to the same trail the next day and saw them!!!
Why Have a Glen Oaks Wedding?
- Glen Oaks is very unique, and it’s also a massive property – which means you’ll rarely bump into other guests.
- They have a designated ceremony area for bigger weddings.
- You won’t have to worry about applying for a wedding permit, which is the case when you get married at a State Park, BLM, or National Park.
- The cabins are really cute and very photogenic, and there are lots of different options – it’s great for getting ready pictures!
- It’s not too far down Highway 1, so you can still drive around and get to other cool spots in Big Sur within 15-25 minutes.
For more information on how to elope in Big Sur, check out our guide here!
We love this area of California so much, and if you do too, don’t hesitate and send us a message!
Photo + Video: Stephan & Adriana
Officiant: Brian – Monterey Wedding Officiant
Venue: Glen Oaks Big Sur
Flowers: Trader Joe’s (bride made it herself!)